Wednesday 16 May 2012

Present and correct - Thing 3

I am enjoying thinking about Thing 3 - my personal brand.  I realise I have not got consistency in my branding in terms of design, but hey, I'm not selling artwork!  Getting a more up to date photo on my Linkedin account and a photo of me on the blog is top of my to-do list.  I find uploading photos a bit of a faff, hence the procrastination. A check on my name in google shows my twitter, linkedIn, FB and now blog pages all on page one.  I guess my name is not that common - unlike some (so glad I do not share the name of a murderer!).

I heard an interesting discussion on the subject of personal branding on the BBC Radio 4 series The Digital HumanDavid White commented that once you get beyond about 80 people in your Facebook network, you are moving into the realms of broadcasting your image and from that you are then moving more into the world of celebrity.  What a thought! Glad my FB page has about 40 followers and that's enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill
    Thanks so much for your comments! I have been dragging my feet posting a picture on LinkedIn. I take such horrible pictures and I need to have my huband take a more recent picture of me. The last was a picture of me with the other library staff.

    I love the look of your blog and the friendly and professional tone of your posts! I also love the cat! I have been a cat person most of my life. I love those furry, purry critters! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's surprising how all-pervasive social media is in the search results - have concluded I've got to try and do better on LinkedIn...

    ReplyDelete