Friday 8 June 2012

Thing 5 Reflection...You what? Why not..?

I've been dragging my feet over this one.  Reading about and doing more in the way of reflective practice are of course on my to-do list (near the bottom, but hey, they're on there!). At first glance I like the sound of the pithy 'what -so what- now what' model (Borton), so will start with that.  It occurs to me that the annual apprasial at work is something I spend time reflecting on and planning outcomes/what next so I guess I am doing it a teeny bit already.  It is the "Review" part of the cycle that is the hardest for me - planning and doing are not too bad at all.  Also, assessing "impact" is a big thing for NHS Libraries and I have tried to get more feedback on this from people who have asked me to do literature searches for them, or people I have run information skills training for.  I feel that reflective practice cannot be done in isolation without feedback...it would be too subjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment