Wednesday 20 June 2012

Thing 7 - working the room...

The NHS libraries in the South West where I'm based do have a strong network that benefits the library community.  Most of the day to day contact is through the LIS emails, but there are opportunities to meet up too.  I have been able to attend meetings on Copyright, Marketing and a Christmas get-together and put faces to those email monikers. 
I am a member of the regional "Circulation group" and "Trainers Group".  The former tends to have webex meetings, but I have attended Trainers' Group meetings in person which has been useful.

I am an Associate member of CILIP and am fortunate in having the subscription paid by work.  I have not been to any of the meetings yet - as others have noted, they do tend to be in London.  However I find the newsletter of interest and if you are job seeking it is an expectation for many professional roles to have membership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment